. . . . . ..


Lilypie3rd Birthday Ticker Daniel & Chavi's Stuff Daniel & Chavi's Stuff: Recipes!!!

A place to see Baby Elish's pics

Monday, July 25, 2005

Recipes!!!


My friends know that I love to cook. I also love to discover new recipes. Lately, as I have started learning to juggle new-mommyhood, working full time, and cooking for shabbas, I have have less time to spend preparing food. But I still want to have fabulous dishes to serve my company It gives me great satisfaction to entertain guests in my home.

Here's a new recipe I recently added to my repertoire - one of the best parts - It's low fat & REALLY easy to make.

Bean, Avocado & Tomato Salad

2-3 cans of kidney bean, one red, one white (Canelini).
For Large batch, Add a can of pink beans
1 large avocado
2 handfulls of plum tomatos (like my measurements? ;) )
Red Wine Vinegar
Salt & Pepper

Open the cans & drain most of the liquid from the beans. Pour the beans into a bowl.
Cut up the avacado into chunks. Add to beans
Cut the tomatos into chunks. Add to bowl.
Sprinkle/Pour some red wine vinegar onto salad.
Season with salt & pepper.
Enjoy!

I have served this recipe twice to company in the recent weeks and it has been a real hit. I have to give credit to Laya for the recipe...it's just a sampling of the wonderful things I experienced in her home a few years ago.

If anyone else has simple but delicious (and hopefully, sorta healthy) recipes to share, please post a comment! I am constantly updating my regular recipes, as Daniel and I like to try new recipes.

Thanks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chavi,

Live it up in the kitchen while you can...once this boy starts moving you'll be making the bare minimum like the rest of us!

9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!